WordCamp for Publishers: Denver is looking for speakers and workshop facilitators who will educate, inspire and inform attendees about topics related to using WordPress for managing publications.
The submission form below can be used to send your proposal for any type of session: a presentation with or without slides, a hands-on workshop, a demonstration of a tool or workflow, or something else. If you have multiple session ideas, please submit the form multiple times, but try to limit it to your best two or three proposals.
The deadline to submit your proposal(s) is 11 PM EDT on Wednesday May 10th, 2017. You will be notified when a decision about your submission is made, no later than May 31st, 2017. We will be working through applications in a rolling basis, so please try to submit your application as early as possible.
General guidelines for speakers and facilitators
- Sessions should be relevant to the world of publishing with WordPress. We want a mix of talks, workshops and other sessions that will be engaging for editorial teams, site and plugin developers, and anyone who is involved in managing a WordPress publication of any size. We’re looking for innovative content that expands the knowledge of the WordPress publishing community with new and interesting ideas, tools and examples.
- You do not need to be a professional speaker, but you should be knowledgeable about the topic you are presenting or the workshop material you are facilitating.
- You are encouraged to apply even if you have never spoken at a WordCamp before. If you need some inspiration, take a look at some of the great talks published on WordPress TV.
- All submissions will be reviewed by the organizer committee. We will use a “blind” submission review process to encourage diversity in speakers and topics. Be prepared to review and refine your speaker slides, workshop content or other material for your presentation with an organizer prior to the event.
- Speakers will be provided free admission to WordCamp for Publishers: Denver and also be invited to attend a speaker dinner, but we cannot reimburse travel, lodging or other expenses at this time. Note: We are hoping to be able to offer some travel scholarships based on need for attendees.
- All speakers must agree to follow our Code of Conduct.
DO YOU KNOW SOMEONE YOU WOULD LIKE TO HEAR SPEAK? If want to nominate someone to speak, please get in touch via our Contact Form to let us know who it is, what they speak about, and a way for us to get in touch.